Caravan Cover Buyers Guide and Checklist
We are always asked how do I choose a quality caravan cover for the harsh Australian conditions. The answer always varies as it depends on a number of factors, where you park the caravan, how long it remains covered and where you live in this great country of ours. So have developed this caravan cover buying guide and checklist to help you make an informed decision when purchasing your next caravan or camper cover.
Below you'll find a 10 point guide and checklist of what we look for in a quality caravan cover;
- Water Resistant- It must be water resistant this prevents rust, water damage and general ware.
- Breathable- We always look for this feature in all our caravan cover it prevents Rot, Mold & Mildew from setting into the caravan cover and increases the longevity of the caravan cover
- Strong Elasticated Hems- This feature is great and in our opinion a must have, makes fitting you cover a breeze particularly if your caravan is an unusual shape and assists with custom fitting.
- Polycanvas Material or 300-400D Marine Grade Material- Resists Rot & Mildew, is also extremely strong, durable and long lasting and is widely considered the best material for caravan covers.
- Double Stitched Seams- Strong double stitched seam is one of the main keys to a long lasting caravan cover and you should alway be on the look out for this feature, double stitched seams are not included in most other competitors caravan covers which sets a good cover apart from a fantastic caravan covers.
- Strong Nylon Straps & Buckles- When a caravan cover has nylon straps and buckles over stock standard plastic that tends to become brittle over time makes them very strong, waterproof and long lasting, able to handle whatever conditions are throw at it over time.
- 3 Zipper Openings- This is something we always look for and is one of our favorite features because you don't need to pull the whole cover off every time you want to access the the caravan, you can just unzip the section of the caravan you want access to for example the door of the van and you're good to go.
- Silver Coated- If your caravan cover has the silver coating it provides extra strength and very effectively reflects the powerful UV rays in the Australian sun.
- Soft Cotton Lining- Another great feature you should look for in quality caravan covers is cotton lining, soft and non abrasive this prevents any scratches or damage to the van, The cotton lining also makes these caravan covers stronger, that tends make them last longer than regular caravan covers.
- 12 Month Manufacturer's Warranty- Every caravan cover you select should have at least a 12 month manufacturer's warranty for your peace of mind when making your purchase.
Hope this gives you a better understanding of what features a quality caravan cover should have included and this will no doubt give you more confidence making you next purchase.
If you have any questions our team at caravancoversdirect.com.au are always available so feel free to contact us and we will endevor to answer all your questions.